Wednesday, March 11, 2009

To install or not to install.

Registry Cleaners and the hype. They are software utilities that attempt to remove configuration data from the Windows Registry that is no longer in use or that is unwanted. These claim to increase the performance of the computer by optimizing system resources and minimizing erroneous registry files.

Such a hype and I did fall for it!
Of course, don't you want your computer to function in snaps??
I did want it to work at the snap of my finger,
lest what the registry cleaner did to my system was it snipped it.

Of recent amongst all the abuses will emerge a brand new abuse named "Computer abuse". No, i'm definitely not talking about installing pirated softwares or using utorrent to download movies (U to A category, both pirated and original). Computer abuse will be a noun (or rather a verb) that defines the torment a computer has to undergo, when its user (me) opens at least fifteen windows at a time and multitasks in multiples, causing the CPU usage to go over 100, ultimately causing the system gasp for breaths and the definition doesn't end there.. Finally blame it on the OS.
"Ah my system is such crap! It is so slow!"

Such was the pathetic abuse my system was undergoing until I decided to
help it by installing Registry cleaner. Voila??
In spite of the cautiousness some of my good old system files are gone for a six!
So finally as I am writing this, realization hit me.
The OS is SO forgiving. A hyped-something is definitely unwanted for my OS.

No comments:

Post a Comment